|A meme on music
||[Mar. 14th, 2005|09:19 pm]
This one is by request of rahshu, a boy (well, man now, but I don't remember him that way) from my childhood.
I listen to sooo much different music that any attempt to categorize down to a few is futile. That said, here goes.
All music listed is in the classical mp3 format: "artist - album - song" as often as possible. If album unknown, ?? appear.
1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
Err, iTunes claims 5,375 songs, taking 15.5 days to play consecutively with no repeats, and occupying 25.14GB of precious hard drive space. Wait... checking... yes, the music outweighs the pron. Copiously.
Seriously though, most of it is crap hoovered off of cd collections statewide; (Beastie Boys? Gah!) I maybe listen to an eighth of it.
2. The last cd you bought was...
Counting Crows - Films About Ghosts
I used a x-mas gift card to pick up their compilation CD.
3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
The Calling - Camino Palmero - Unstoppable
Trivia: I saw them live in 2001 at the Crest Theatre; they opened for Lifehouse. Alex Band is so hot.
4. Write down five songs you often listen to or mean a lot to you.
4-1: Matchbox Twenty - More Than You Think You Are - Unwell
I love the banjo (I command you to find me an excellent edition of dueling banjos, preferably over an hour long!), and I really relate to the song.
4-2: Orgy - Vapor Transmission - Fiction(dreams in digital)
This is only memorable insofar as how much of a pain it was to... umm, acquire. It was a great shared moment once that download finished with my first unrequited love, though. Still kinda gives me the tinglies.
4-3: New Order - Get Ready - Run Wild
Get Ready reminds me of the best teacher ever, MC. He played this cd constantly for several months in his classroom (in 5.1 surround, even). Those days were the most fun in High School. Run Wild is my favorite song from the CD, simply because it is so different from the rest of the songs. I hope to sing it to a BF one day.
4-4: Perl Jam - Ten [et al] - Jeremy
This song makes me sad; It was played (in poor taste, IMHO) during a memorial for the events of 20 APR 1999.
Many people involved with the "every 15 minutes" production at FHS have a similar reaction with "Low - ?? - Turning Over," which was played in that presentation.
4-5: Blink-182 - Enema of the State - Adam's Song
Another sorta-kinda sad song that reminds me of an acquaintance who committed suicide.
5. What new music are you really excited for in the coming year so far?
Uh, there's new music coming out? Haven't a clue. Good stuff from the Killers? White Stripes? Rob Thomas' solo debut? a new KMFDM? How about more Elvis?
6. What 5 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Well, the why is because I want to know their answers. But I'll stick something more interesting in there in addition.
Assuming these people read past the lj-cut, that'd be:
- adapt to force him to post, and for his wittisisms.
- smpte because I wonder if the hyper-smart nerds have time for music.
- vandil in order to see if he still likes "Torture" by KMFDM.
- lalaith82 for determining how long it takes to post again after getting a job.
- jensenpoet due to the fact he's prolly done this one before, and therefore can simply post a link to it in comments (assuming the answers are still accurate!).